Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Fairytale Engagement Part II


Happy Wedding Wednesday loves! I am sorry for not posting more the past few days but until I get off the road in three weeks, my time on the blog might be a little scarce due to finishing up cover letters, resumes, etc. for future job applications. But without further ado, here is today's wonderful story for you all! First up, if you missed reading part one of my engagement you can head back here to read that before continuing on with part two.

When we last left off, Josh's clue had told me to say goodbye to his family and head out of Chapel Hill with my little sister. We get to my sisters car in the parking garage to find out that Josh had already paid for her ticket to park there...seriously, how sweet was that? Kristen drives back out on the highway and after about 10 minutes she tells me to close my eyes so I do not see what exit we are getting off out. 


Low and behold, Kristen got off at the Hillsborough exit where the Formalwear Outlet is located. We pull into the parking lot and she pulls this clue out of her purse:


Yep, you read that right. Joshua had included a prepaid card in my clue with the right amount of money to buy a new dress and shoes! How did I get so lucky y'all? Now reminder, I'm a huge fan of the Bachelor so that is why he told me to pick out a dress that I would wear to my very own rose ceremony. The catch was I only had one hour and let me tell you, with prom season already here the place was packed. Our scheduled leave time was 1:00pm but I did not even get into a dressing room till 12:48pm. Needless to say I've never changed out of so many dresses in such a short amount of time! A few minutes after 1:00 I finally headed to the counter to purchase my dress. And yes, you will have to wait till next week to see exactly what it looked like :)



When we got back out to the car, there was a cooler waiting inside on my seat that Josh had dropped off while I was buying my dress. He had packed my favorite snacks and drinks for me to munch on as we had about an hour drive ahead of us to the next stop. This clue was inside the cooler: 


As soon as I saw the words "WEND" and "OVER" in capitol letters, I just knew we were going to my favorite nail salon in my hometown of Greensboro. Kristen did a great job driving us there and once we arrived in the parking lot I was given my next clue:


PRAISE! Through the years Joshua has picked up on the fact that I always wanted to have my nails done when I got engaged so he made sure to check that off his list when planning out this special day. Not only were Kristen and Shelby still with me, but two of my very best friends joined us as well. Leane, "my sissy", who I met through work at mission camp, and Sara, my ZTA sister, who I met on the very first night of recruitment when I was a freshman. We went inside to pick out our nail color and relax in the company of each other.





At the end of that clue above, Joshua hinted that my next location would be Center City Park in downtown Greensboro. Shelby, Kristen, Leane, and Sara headed with me to the park and of course Kristen had to eat her Moe's as we were walking. 


To my surprise when we got to the end of the park, my parents were there waiting for me!




Since our family loves the show "Amazing Race" my parents had come up with this cute little saying pretending I was the first person to arrive to the destination. (I later learned that Josh had no clue they did this so props to my parents for having fun with their "leg of the race"!) After they said their lines, my dad pulled my next clue out of his pocket.



Two years ago, Josh and I competed in the Finks Diamond Dash that happened in downtown Greensboro.  This "race" sends you around downtown Greensboro on foot to search for answers to clues that have been sent to your cell phone. Needless to say, Josh and I did not win and while I was sad that day about losing, I'm so glad now that we didn't win. If we had won that diamond ring, I probably would not have gotten the experience that I had on this special day! Anyways, Josh sent me my next clues through text message...aka "Diamond Dash Style":


The first clue sent me to the water wall fountain in the middle of the park:



Clue number two sent me to a historical marker for an old Methodist Church:


I then headed to Fincastles Diner:


And my last clue sent me to the spot where Josh first told me he loved me some four years ago!


Of course as you can see, he wanted me to actually go up to the parking deck to the actual spot where he had told me he loved me for the first time as we had watched the sun set over the city:



And that my friends is part II of the story! I cannot wait for the third and final part to be posted next Wednesday! I hope you all have a wonderful "Wedding Wednesday" and until then I'll leave you with a little behind the scene's photo that you'll see pop up on our proposal day video :)


7 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS! HE is soooo good :) I am itching to know more about your proposal story! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is too cute! I swear every week I can't wait to hear the rest of the story! What a magical memorable day! Is it next wednesday yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this has to be the cutest thing ever! I can't wait to read next week now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my heavens....This is so dang cute!!! Looking forward to the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I just read part 1 and 2 and teared up! Can't wait for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though I know the ending, the suspense is killing me! Ha! Can't wait for part 3!

    Paige
    tomatoesforcucumbers.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to my little blog and sharing part of your day with me! I truly love reading comments from my readers and enjoy connecting back with you, so please feel free to leave some kind words on here and I look forward to getting to know you better!